Mobile App Development with hybrid technologies
We use React Native, Ionic, and Flutter for the hybrid mobile applications development.
In the beginning, we analyze a few main details of the client’s project in order to choose the proper framework and tech stack, such as:
– Do you need to render truly native components even if the operating system UI is changed in the future? This means you would stick to the system user interface rather than a custom design.
– Do you need a pixel-perfect user experience according to your custom design? Or do you need custom components that are not available in the framework base components or widgets?
– Do you need close-to-native app performance?
– Do you already have a codebase?
– Do you prefer to use frameworks like React.js, Vue.js, or Angular?
Hybrid and Native approach comparison
The basic features of the different technologies we work with are provided in the table below:
Having all the features compared, we can state that React Native is the golden mean among others. The mobile app could be developed with the same team that develops web applications or admin panels.
Ionic framework is preferred if you want to use plain HTML and CSS in your project. For instance, you have components already developed with frameworks like Vue.js or Angular.js.
If the app performance matter, we recommend having a look at Flutter, which provides almost native performance but in this case, you will need an additional developer who has experience in development with Flutter and Dart.
Team composition and timeframe
The team composition depends on the app’s complexity, but usually, it is 1-2 mobile/frontend developers, 1 QA, and a functional analyst. If there is a need for a UI/ UX designer, we can also provide one from our side.
From the development time perspective, the average app development takes from 1 to 3 months for the minimum viable product and then another several months for feature development.
Any technology or framework we use works with any backend API doesn’t matter if it is already developed or we implement one. In case the backend API is developed with our backend team, it will be estimated separately.