For every large company, servicing and maintaining fleets is synonymous with huge expenses. Inadequate monitoring of a vehicle’s technical state and spare parts availability, standby time miscalculations, and numerous administrative issues with drivers’ schedules can lead to excessive costs. AutoBi is designed to deliver a comprehensive solution to the market and transform fleet management into a predictable and transparent process.
AutoBI is a versatile SaaS solution suitable for a variety of business domains, including freight transport, construction, agriculture, passenger traffic, and community service providers. To create such a multifaceted product, the following features have been included:
- Spare parts and equipment catalog;
- Motoring fine tracking;
- Interactive admin dashboard;
- Different levels of access rights;
- Open API for integrations;
- Telematix for route tracking;
- E-mail notifications;
- GPS trackers connection;
- Documentation management;
- 24/7 support.
The MVP product was introduced to the market in January 2021 and the tech team is continuously developing its functionality and concept to keep pace with the times.
«Thanks to Softblues’ development prowess, they have successfully developed a robust deliverable that reduced trafficking measures and time. Moreover, the platform has received a national award from Ukrainian Startup Fund. The team has utilized adequate resources to deploy a seamless workflow»
2 ReactJS Developers
1 ReactNative Developer
3 Laravel/NodeJS Developers
April 2020 – Present
- We used a number of React hooks on the front end for a nice responsive design.
- We opted for Ant Design, an enterprise-class UI design language, and a React UI library with a set of high-quality React components as it is one of the best libraries for enterprises.
- We used Redux as a library to control the state of our React application and to provide an “unidirectional data flow”. Such an approach helps to manage and organize data more effectively and optimizes debugging.
- Redux-Saga works as a Redux middleware library for handling asynchronous side effects.
- There were also a lot of different charts in this project, which is why we used a Recharts library. In a nutshell, Recharts is a redefined chart library built with React and D3. Its main purpose is to help to develop charts with React. These are great because they are easy to combine and reuse.
- 100% of the project codebase is based on Typescript to ensure clear and readable code and avoid errors that could be a debugging nightmare.
- Finally, with Jest, we achieved high unit test coverage to minimize failures and simplify the regression testing.
OpenDataBot API integration
- The SaaS platform is based on the micro-service architecture where each of the small services works in its own process and communicates with the others using lightweight mechanisms. This results in an absolute minimum of centralized management of these services and their autonomy.
- The team achieved seamless operation of the unlimited number of trackers with the possibility of both horizontal and vertical scaling.
- Incredibly speedy route tracking map generation was implemented.
- The same RESTful API for web and mobile applications enables usage by third-party developers
Scaling and Security
- Platform security is ensured by AWS, one of the world’s most common cloud platforms with the broadest capabilities for data centers across the planet.
- Each microservice is isolated and contained in its own Virtual Private Network.
- At request, each SaaS organization can be set as a separate physical instance, which will take performance to the next level.
- The web interface is located in the Content Delivery Network to facilitate the instant delivery of the static content to the users. This way, DDOS attacks are also prevented.
Application areas of AutoBI
Rental and leasing of equipment
Get complete control over the fleet of equipment and units thanks to a detailed and flexible interface
Track the movement of machinery and equipment online, as well as view the relocation history
Receive notifications of administrative offenses immediately and pay for them right from the system
Check the leftovers of parts in different warehouses and evaluate the practicability of keeping them in balance
Control the validity of insurance policies and pay for the new ones simply from the AutoBI system
Get the opportunity to monitor all changes in equipment and units in real-time mode