The main idea of this project was to create a tailor-made environment based on WooCommerce and WordPress. To achieve this, we needed to generate a set of plugins and a parent theme that would enable an exceptional user experience in terms of speed and marketing features, operating large databases, and running high-level integrations.
As a result, Jaffle has become a growth instrument for many established businesses in Australia that needed to extend and amplify their online presence. Performing on a bigger scale didn’t become a notable problem. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Jaffle platform contributed to the stability and profitability of Diaco’s Garden Nursery, a leading Australian network of local garden nurseries.
Project Manager/Business Analyst
2 VueJS Developers
2 WordPress Backend Developers
March 2020 – Present
Front end achievements
- We used the well-thought-out component architecture which enables a simple theme styling when applied to different businesses.
- The team went for the blade components in separate files for splitting the code base into small parts.
- Concerning CSS naming, the BEM methodology was implemented for working with each component as a separate BEM block.
- Our developers have applied Vue.js to change the standard WooCommerce checkout. This change made possible a number of customization options in the integration process of Jaffle with other businesses.
- The flexible product filters were built from scratch with AJAX.
Scaling and Security
- Separate repositories for every component;
- Github based development;
- Bedrock boilerplate with deep security configuration;
- Restriction of any external untrusted plugins or themes;
- Flexible functionality.
- MVC-like architecture;
- Flexible and scalable structure;
- Static code analysis;
- Database abstraction layers and data mapping (like Doctrine ORM);
- Data Caching over WP Query and wpdb queries;
- Auto deploy and auto-update systems (Symfony Backend).
- Google Maps (maps API, places API, directions API)
- Google OAuth
- Facebook OAuth